• Remember that children play for FUN
• Applaud effort and good play as well as success
• Always respect the match officials’ decisions
• Remain outside the field of play and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided)
• Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
• Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
• Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
Code of Conduct for coaches, team managers and club officials
We all bear a collective responsibility to set a good example and help provide a positive environment in which children can
learn and enjoy the game. Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct at all times.
ON AND OFF THE FIELD, I WILL:
Use my position to set a positive example for the young people I am responsible for
Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers,
officials and spectators
Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour – not condoning any form of cheating, complaining and wasting of time.
Respect the match official’s decision
Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
Be gracious in victory and defeat.
Shake hands with the opposition and officials at the end of the game
WHEN WORKING WITH PLAYERS, I WILL:
Always coach to the best of my ability and place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
Develop a fun environment, identify and praise good play and performance at every opportunity, ignore poor performance but explain good performance.
Never scold for mistakes or errors but encourage future positive actions
Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests.
Listen and respond positively to what is being said
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA.
I MAY BE:
Required to meet with the club, league or County Welfare Officer
Suspended by the club from attending matches
Suspended or fined by the County FA
Required to leave or be sacked by the club.
My FA Coaching Licence may be withdrawn.
If I am unhappy about anything at the club I will inform or seek advice from those responsible at the club.
Code of Conduct for players
• Always play to the best of my ability
• Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time.
• Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager.
• Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
• Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
• Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
• Talk to someone I trust or the club's Welfare Officer if I’m unhappy about anything at Aldenham FC Excel.